STEM Resources: Ideas for Non-Technology Based Learning Activities
The Everything STEM Handbook:
Help Your Child Learn and Succeed in the Fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
Projects and experiments to inspire and challenge your kids!
The STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) are top education priorities in the United States–and they are growing fields with a high demand for jobs. If you want to make sure your children are prepared for the future in these fields, here’s how you can help: Make it fun! Expose them to hands-on, real-world, and fun activities so they’ll become engaged, motivated, and successful students later on.
Look inside for ideas and activities to stimulate your child’s interest in these fascinating subjects, including:
- Racing juice cans
- Setting up a circuit
- Observing potato osmosis
- Building a mousetrap race car
- Creating a Cartesian treasure map
- Going on a geometry scavenger hunt
- Building a bridge
- Exploring food chemistry
With easy-to-understand examples, problem-solving tips, and hands-on projects your family can create together, this guide gives you the tools you need to help your kids excel and foster a lifetime love of learning.
- Coding for Children: 5 Essential Skills Kids Can Learn with the Hobby - July 22, 2022
- Snapshot of STEM Education in the USA! - July 5, 2022
- What does STEM have to do with farming? - June 30, 2022